1. Whenever possible, we try to use ingredients that are natural or of natural origin
Nature possesses all the resources we need for taking care of delicate skin. So in all of our products, we try to use ingredients that are natural or of natural origin – provided they meet our requirements as far as safety, effectiveness and pleasure in using them are concerned. Today, Mustela Bébé products contain 92% ingredients of natural origin on average. We draw on all the expertise that Expanscience Laboratories has in its understanding of plants and we develop our own plant-based active ingredients (using – for example – avocado or sunflower), the benefits of which contribute to our products.
|Natural ingredient or ingredient of natural origin?
As far as both of these concepts are concerned, we use the definitions outlined in the Ecocert “Environmentally-friendly and biological cosmetics products" reference framework:
– We call a "natural ingredient" any substance which comes directly from nature and which is either left as it is or transformed only using physical processes that have been authorised by Ecocert. A few examples of natural ingredients include water, vegetable oils or butters, beeswax, etc.
– "Ingredients of natural origin" also come from nature, but have been transformed by a number of processes that have been authorized by Ecocert.
2. When we have to, we use synthetic ingredients
Mustela always tries to use products derived from nature, but not at any price. When ingredients of natural origin cannot guarantee us the high standards that we expect in terms of safety, effectiveness and enjoyment, when there are no natural-origin alternatives, we use synthetic ingredients.
3. We are committed to finding the best active ingredients and those that are not questionable or have a negative impact on the environment.